- Compared to worldwide estimates, India contributes 10% of open job openings currently. Growth in the number of data science jobs globally was much higher than India.
- The number of new analytics jobs increased by 52% from April 2015 to April 2016, and by 40% from April 2014 to April 2015. It had almost doubled from April 2016 to April 2017. This is per the study Analytics and Data Science Jobs in India 2018 conducted by Edvancer & AIM
- Banking & financial sector continues to be the biggest influencer in analytics job market. 41% of all jobs posted for analytics were from the banking sector. The demand for Python professionals is the highest among all analytics recruiters. Almost 39% of all advertised analytics jobs in India demand for Python as a core skill.
- As per a study done by Analytixlabs and AIM, titled Analytics and Data Science Industry Study 2018; Analytics, data science and big data industry in India is expected to grow seven times in the next seven years. It is estimated to become a 20-billion-dollar industry in India by 2025.
- Analytics, data science and big data industry in India is currently estimated to be $2.71 billion annually in revenues, growing at a healthy rate of 33.5% CAGR. Of the annual inflow to analytics industry, almost 11% can be attributed to advanced analytics, predictive modelling and data science. A sizeable 22% can be attributed to big data.