For Midsized Indian Banks
- A mid-size Indian bank growing very fast in retail and branch network.
- The Client wanted to build a functionality where their customers are able to locate the nearest branch and ATM based on distance from any part of the country.
- We used open-source technologies and Google Maps API to geocode all the pincodes. We explored various APIs and finally zeroed down on Google APIs.
- Geocoding was achieved using Google Map’s API and Geolocator was implemented with the help of Google’s Distance Matrix APIs.
- We calculated the air distances between each bank location and each pin code of India using a formula. We checked the distances whose ratio was above a certain threshold determined by statistical formula.
- We provided output as an API which enabled fetching the least distance from a particular location in India to the nearest bank branch and ATM.
- Geolocator was implemented with the help of Google’s Distance Matrix APIs.
- Geocoder converts an address into spatial data and associates the exact latitude and longitude for that address. Geolocator locates the nearest branches of an organization from a given geographical coordinate.