Text analytics through Natural Language Processing (NLP)
“Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate
and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination.”
Data science and analytics has become imperative for every organization of every industry in the recent years.… Continue reading
The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) have penned an agreement that allows them to refer innovative financial technology (FinTech) companies between the two authorities, it was announced on Wednesday. The agreement centres on a referral mechanism that – in addition to referrals – is designed to help facilitate the sharing of information on financial sector innovation in the Middle East and Far Eastern markets.… Continue reading
Companies often strive to determine who their most valuable customers are whom they would give special privileges to, invest in to build long term relations with, or send marketing offers via mails or any kind of direct marketing initiatives.… Continue reading
- The global insurance industry is forecast to spend approximately $2.4bn (£1.9bn) on big data in 2018 as firms increasingly look to improve claims processing and fraud detection. That is according to a new report from research and consultancy firm SNS Telecom & IT, which also predicts that big data investments will hit nearly $3.6 bn by the end of 2021.
How technology is disrupting Derivative Trading
There is no area of business, society or life which technology has not disrupted. But through that disruption have come the improved quality of life. There have been mixed sentiments towards this tech disruption however the way we see it, it has open the door of countless possibilities.… Continue reading
- The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2008, and a report were submitted by a committee led by former judge BN Srikrishna recently. The report, titled “A Free and Fair Digital Economy: Protecting Privacy, Empowering Indians”, has been awaited for its implications on data handling and processing practices by government departments and companies both Indian and foreign.
Monte-Carlo Simulation in Derivative Pricing
Financial instruments are monetary contracts between parties. They can be created, traded, modified and settled. They can be cash (currency), evidence of an ownership interest in an entity (share), or a contractual right to receive or deliver cash (bond).… Continue reading
- Compared to worldwide estimates, India contributes 10% of open job openings currently. Growth in the number of data science jobs globally was much higher than India.
- The number of new analytics jobs increased by 52% from April 2015 to April 2016, and by 40% from April 2014 to April 2015.
Background & Introduction
An investor seeking capital gain for lower risk will always turn towards Mutual Fund schemes as an investment option, reason being its diversification and professional management. However to identify a dynamic fund is not that easy.… Continue reading
- The Indian Information & Broadcasting ministry has now decided to set up a social media communication hub and deploy executives to monitor online content across each of India’s 716 districts.
- It is estimated that $14 billion of Fintech investments were made in APAC over the past 24 months.
- Sentiment analysis of News articles in NEWSRATOR
Before the era of Internet, the only way for an organization to track its reputation in the media was to hire someone for the specific task of reading newspapers and manually compiling lists of positive, negative and neutral references to the organization.… Continue reading
Sentiment Analysis (SA) in business, also known as opinion mining (OM) is a process of identifying and cataloging a piece of text according to the tone conveyed by it. The text can be tweets, comments, feedbacks, news or random texts with positive, negative and neutral sentiments associated with them.… Continue reading