USE CASE IN CREDIT RISK ANALYTICS
The appetite for credit in a developing country like India is quite immense. The growing need of the large consumer Indian population and the Small & Medium Enterprises business segments (SME) for growing business to the next level is being tapped by the Indian financial institutions space.… Continue reading
- Prime Minister Modi was the keynote speaker at the Singapore Fintech festival, the biggest event of its kind in the world — attended by both industry leaders and smaller start-ups. He mentioned that India is witnessing an explosion of financial technology (Fintech) innovation and enterprise, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told the world’s largest gathering of Fintech firms in Singapore on Wednesday.
One of the interesting aspect of NLP on text mining is Topic Modelling.
Topic modeling is automatically discovering the abstract “topics” that occur in a collection of documents. Quite recently, topic models are being widely used to identify topics in a text corpus.… Continue reading
- Google has recently decided to limit the degree to which mobile apps can access users’ call logs and texts having a huge impact on the various Ecommerce and Fintech companies. Google has thus restricted apps from taking undesired permissions that are not required for their functioning and thus users will not be forced to grant forced SMS permissions in every app.
Text analytics through Natural Language Processing (NLP)
“Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate
and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination.”
Data science and analytics has become imperative for every organization of every industry in the recent years.… Continue reading
The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) have penned an agreement that allows them to refer innovative financial technology (FinTech) companies between the two authorities, it was announced on Wednesday. The agreement centres on a referral mechanism that – in addition to referrals – is designed to help facilitate the sharing of information on financial sector innovation in the Middle East and Far Eastern markets.… Continue reading
Companies often strive to determine who their most valuable customers are whom they would give special privileges to, invest in to build long term relations with, or send marketing offers via mails or any kind of direct marketing initiatives.… Continue reading
- The global insurance industry is forecast to spend approximately $2.4bn (£1.9bn) on big data in 2018 as firms increasingly look to improve claims processing and fraud detection. That is according to a new report from research and consultancy firm SNS Telecom & IT, which also predicts that big data investments will hit nearly $3.6 bn by the end of 2021.
How technology is disrupting Derivative Trading
There is no area of business, society or life which technology has not disrupted. But through that disruption have come the improved quality of life. There have been mixed sentiments towards this tech disruption however the way we see it, it has open the door of countless possibilities.… Continue reading
- The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2008, and a report were submitted by a committee led by former judge BN Srikrishna recently. The report, titled “A Free and Fair Digital Economy: Protecting Privacy, Empowering Indians”, has been awaited for its implications on data handling and processing practices by government departments and companies both Indian and foreign.
Monte-Carlo Simulation in Derivative Pricing
Financial instruments are monetary contracts between parties. They can be created, traded, modified and settled. They can be cash (currency), evidence of an ownership interest in an entity (share), or a contractual right to receive or deliver cash (bond).… Continue reading
- Compared to worldwide estimates, India contributes 10% of open job openings currently. Growth in the number of data science jobs globally was much higher than India.
- The number of new analytics jobs increased by 52% from April 2015 to April 2016, and by 40% from April 2014 to April 2015.